Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MagicMike

Ability to make cannon balls

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

I can't imagine this hasn't been suggested before, but;

 

PLEASE give us the ability to make cannon balls on our own.

This could be a nice way to train mining and smithing, while also making something usefull.

 

@Mr Krabs How much development time would this take?

Edited by MagicMike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im against this, I actually think cannonball prices need an increase. Cannonballs are currently a great gp sink for the game so making it so we can smith our own could hurt the eco a bit. I know im about to spend a shit ton on cballs for 200m hunter -.-

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Iron QQ said:

Im against this, I actually think cannonball prices need an increase. Cannonballs are currently a great gp sink for the game so making it so we can smith our own could hurt the eco a bit. I know im about to spend a shit ton on cballs for 200m hunter -.-

 

Sir, are you high? Smithing cannonballs hurts eco? I think it's about time to realise that these changes could scare off potentially new players, giving older players an advantage as always. For example slayer helm (i) was 200 points, then 450 and now its 700 points...of course older players stocked up on the helms before updates...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think being able to smith them is a good idea as long as it's the same as OSRS when it takes ages to smith an invent just so buying from the shop is still the easier option to keep the money sink there.

 

@ass I have over 10 slayer helms and I have no idea why the price has been put up that much nor was I aware it was happening. I refuse to adjust the prices though because I think going from 60m to like 200m is ridiculous therefore I will just keep them because I also refuse to be merched lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how many people pay for the cannon balls, but as I know most people start using it when being 200$ donor.

Maybe giving the ability to make them yourself will let people keep their votes and/or vote more active to get that cannon as soon as possible.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:40 PM, ass said:

Sir, are you high? Smithing cannonballs hurts eco? I think it's about time to realise that these changes could scare off potentially new players, giving older players an advantage as always. For example slayer helm (i) was 200 points, then 450 and now its 700 points...of course older players stocked up on the helms before updates...

So because we fucked it up before, we should continue fucking it up. great logic bud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Iron QQ said:

So because we fucked it up before, we should continue fucking it up. great logic bud.

I’m really confused as to how you came to the conclusion that this will fuck up the game?

I believe people would still rather buy the cannonballs if they have the gp but have the option to make them too, this won’t have a negative impact on the game whatsoever 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jordan said:

I’m really confused as to how you came to the conclusion that this will fuck up the game?

I believe people would still rather buy the cannonballs if they have the gp but have the option to make them too, this won’t have a negative impact on the game whatsoever 

Id be down with it, if Krabs did what you mentioned earlier. If you make cannonballs, they take the same amount of time as osrs. 

 

  How I came to the conclusion that it could hurt the game is that as an ironman ive had over 1b cash with nothing to do with it. Items like the cannonball at 4k each creates a pretty good sink of cash for the server. People think cash sinks should be giant cash values but having lots of small cash sinks such as cannonballs or making unf potions included with the larger cash sinks such as the Well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2018 at 4:54 PM, Jordan said:

I think being able to smith them is a good idea as long as it's the same as OSRS when it takes ages to smith an invent just so buying from the shop is still the easier option to keep the money sink there.

 

@ass I have over 10 slayer helms and I have no idea why the price has been put up that much nor was I aware it was happening. I refuse to adjust the prices though because I think going from 60m to like 200m is ridiculous therefore I will just keep them because I also refuse to be merched lol

 

I agree, If it were the same method as OSRS i see absolutely no issue with adding this to the game (Would probably even be dead content). On the other hand i cant see how mass creating them would hurt the eco either... Yeah cannonballs are a money sink but i do not think the eco has changed since there was no cannon. (And if you manage to get the votes to buy a cannon in the first place chances are you already have a significant bank)

 

And as for the Slayer Helm (i) price being increased i can understand why it was. Everyone uses it as their helmet slot for doing slayer, Its a great item so putting work into getting said item only makes sense rather than being able to buy it cheap from players.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

The Owner

User Crown Owner

Staff ranks

Donator ranks

Misc ranks

×