MoneyBags

Remove/extend item timers on death

I spent like 10 hours building up my gear and stats so I could go to bandos  only to dc after two kills and lose all of my karils/crystal shield/c hally/dboots because I couldn't get back in time. This is the only eco server I've ever played where you lose items on death in SAFE zones and 3 minutes to get back to your stuff is way too low, I can't even go back to bossing because I feel like its going to happen again and I will just be left with my dick in my hand, please increase the timers by a bunch like 30 mins outside of home or remove losing items completely.

Definitely agree with this, I've lost hundreds of mills worth because of the timer.

I don't think it should be removed completely as then it really doesn't matter if you lose focus, there's gotta be some risk factor.

I'd say something like 10 mins as that's enough time to get your killcount at GWD or get to wherever else you could possibly die.

If you're on when I come on, I'll give you some gear brother

Hey Money, sorry to hear that. I have a few spare barrows pieces that you can have - I’ll add you and we can meet up when I log on later.

I actually thought the timer was longer than 3 minutes, too, which is also why I definitely support making it longer. 10/15 minutes is a good amount as Jordan suggested.☺️

Perhaps the death timer could be extended to 5 minutes for everyone permanently, and then for every 5 minutes on top of that you would have to either pay a certain amount of in-game points (vote, donator etc) or GP. That way it wouldn’t completely remove the risk factor as you’d have to actively work to have a longer time to get back to your stuff on death.

Edited by Aeon

3 minutes ago, Aeon said:

Hey Money, sorry to hear that. I have a few spare barrows pieces that you can have - I’ll add you and we can meet up when I log on later.

I actually thought the timer was longer than 3 minutes, too, which is also why I definitely support making it longer. 10/15 minutes is a good amount as Jordan suggested.☺️

Perhaps the death timer could be extended to 5 minutes for everyone permanently, and then for every 5 minutes on top of that you would have to either pay a certain amount of in-game points (vote, donator etc) or GP. That way it wouldn’t completely remove the risk factor as you’d have to actively work to have a longer time to get back to your stuff on death.

The issue I see with the purchase of extended timers is for people like MoneyBags. He's spent his time saving for this gear so wouldn't have been able to afford the extended timer as it was

Definitely some room for improvement in general though

6 hours ago, Jordan said:

The issue I see with the purchase of extended timers is for people like MoneyBags. He's spent his time saving for this gear so wouldn't have been able to afford the extended timer as it was

Definitely some room for improvement in general though

I agree that 3 minutes generally isn't enough, but had it been perhaps 5 minutes I think you'd be able to get back to most places and retrieve your stuff. Even if you had to do so with less-than-ideal equipment.
Ad for the gear><extended timer question, I'd assume most if not all people would at least upgrade to 5 minutes if it were possible before engaging in pvm.

The timer is 1 minute for items to appear globally (everyone can see them), and another 2.5 minutes after that to despawn for a total of 3.5 minutes before despawning in general. I'll bump up the time, but don't believe in removing it altogether either as I also think there should be some sort of risk so people aren't completely careless and it gives things like ecumencial keys a use in case you need to get back inside quick.

5 hours ago, Mr Krabs said:

The timer is 1 minute for items to appear globally (everyone can see them), and another 2.5 minutes after that to despawn for a total of 3.5 minutes before despawning in general. I'll bump up the time, but don't believe in removing it altogether either as I also think there should be some sort of risk so people aren't completely careless and it gives things like ecumencial keys a use in case you need to get back inside quick.

Can you also add in logging into the world at home, that way when people who have bad connections to your server dc at a boss they don't log back in and instantly die? With the increased timers that would help out a lot. Obviously not in the wilderness because that's game-breaking but just in safe areas.

Edited by MoneyBags

1 hour ago, MoneyBags said:

Can you also add in logging into the world at home, that way when people who have bad connections to your server dc at a boss they don't log back in and instantly die? With the increased timers that would help out a lot. Obviously not in the wilderness because that's game-breaking but just in safe areas.

I disagree with this one, that's just a lot of unnecessary coding to make it so they get the options. If the new timer does get implemented then this won't be necessary as you'll have plenty of time to get there if you do die on the off chance. All I'd suggest for this is to set up quick prayer each time you're bossing so as soon as you log in, you can put on all the right prayers almost instantly.

16 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I disagree with this one, that's just a lot of unnecessary coding to make it so they get the options. If the new timer does get implemented then this won't be necessary as you'll have plenty of time to get there if you do die on the off chance. All I'd suggest for this is to set up quick prayer each time you're bossing so as soon as you log in, you can put on all the right prayers almost instantly.

Yeah I get that you want him to focus on other stuff but with my background in computer science and working on my own server back in the day I can tell you it's no more than 2 lines of code (possibly 30 seconds if he has to look up the function calls). Also it's a problem when it comes to dhing a lot of the time because what happens is I am sitting 1 hp and get 1 shot by anything that's aggressive that I was standing near previously. Idk though, its really up to him.

Edited by MoneyBags

3 hours ago, MoneyBags said:

It'd be so abuseable, instantly being able to leave wildy from any level etc

40 minutes ago, Sleds said:

It'd be so abuseable, instantly being able to leave wildy from any level etc

Did you even read what was written, pay attention to the last line. Thanks for the bump though!🐿️