Mr Krabs

Server Updates 6/1/18 - 6/31/18

6/27/18

Here's an update on what I have left to do for the Vorkath release (It's still going to take a little bit of time - maybe another week or so,
just depends how it all goes and how much time free time I have to spend on it). It could be less, or could be more - its hard to say for sure and will continue to keep you guys updated as I progress. Thank you for your patience!

Last special attack for vorkath (acid pools)
Test vorkath combat mechanics to make sure there aren't any undiscovered bugs after its all said and done
Remove the respawn option on the ice glacier and make vorkath turn to sleep mode after death, I read that after vorkath dies its supposed to go back to sleep form so it was unnecessary
Add him as a slayer task (and count as a blue dragon task)
Add him to the slayer task reset form
Add dragon bolts & ability to fletch them
Add ava's accumulator assembler, functional in combat, ability to make it
Add turquoise slayer helmet, functional in combat, ability to make it
Sailor dialogue to get there(edited)

Most of the things in the list won't take too long, the last special attack will be the biggest thing.

-Been working on the first special attack where vorkath becomes immune and freezes you and spawns a zombified crab that will deal up to 60 damage if you let it get too close and crumble undead will kill it instantly

• Every six attacks, Vorkath alternates between one of two special attacks:
    • Poison Pool Quickfire Barrage: Launches acid around the arena and proceeds to fire a barrage of 25 dragonfires at the player. Any damage taken while standing on the acid heals Vorkath for the same amount; up to 10 damage per tick. Should the player stand still, the dragonfire barrage deals 30-40 damage per hit regardless of prayers. Additionally, Vorkath takes 50% reduced damage until the special attack ends.
    • Zombified Ice Dragonfire: Vorkath freezes the player in place with damageless ice dragonfire, summons a zombified spawn, and is immune to all damage while the spawn is alive. The spawn moves approaches the player and, if not killed first, explodes on impact dealing up to 60 damage scaling off of its remaining Hitpoints. Players should queue the Crumble Undead spell and cast on the spawn as soon as it lands to prevent damage during this special attack. Once the spawn is killed, the special attack ends which frees the player and removes Vorkath's immunity.

-Spawn mechanics for the crab (black lines are centered so you can see which corner it will spawn on based on your location), note the green lines that don't touch the centers are just exaggerated

unknown.png

6/25/18- 6/26/18

-Working on vorkath's combat mechanics. Did high-damage dragonfire and fine tuned the other dragonfires for their attack speeds/projectile speed/curve/hit delays/end gfx since they were a little off (projectile too fast, curve not steep enough, etc. It's all guesswork to just try and make it look as proper as possible by playing with the numbers)

• Combat stats
  • Combat bonuses
  • Melee attack: If players are in range, he swipes at the player with his wings/claws (slash-based).
  • Magic attack: Launches a bright-blue projectile at the player. Protect from Magic completely negates damage.
  • Ranged attack: Launches a spiked ball at the player that hits up to 32 damage. Protect from Missiles blocks this attack.
  • Dragonfire: Multiple dragonfire types.
    • Normal Dragonfire
    • Venom Dragonfire: Dragonfire that has a chance to inflict the venom status if not venom immune.
    • Pink Dragonfire: Dragonfire that disables all prayers upon impact.
  • High-damage Dragonfire: Vertically launched dragonfire at the player's position when cast. Deals up to 115 damage, but is halved if the player is next to the targeted spot when the dragonfire lands. Red = death, orange tiles = 57 damage, green area and beyond = safe. No hitsplat of 0 either if you are in the safe areas.
    • unknown.png
    • Poison Pool Quickfire Barrage: Launches acid around the arena and proceeds to fire a barrage of 25 dragonfires at the player. Any damage taken while standing on the acid heals Vorkath for the same amount; up to 10 damage per tick. Should the player stand still, the dragonfire barrage deals 30-40 damage per hit regardless of prayers. Additionally, Vorkath takes 50% reduced damage until the special attack ends.
    • Zombified Ice Dragonfire: Vorkath freezes the player in place with damageless ice dragonfire, summons a zombified spawn, and is immune to all damage while the spawn is alive. The spawn moves approaches the player and, if not killed first, explodes on impact dealing up to 60 damage scaling off of its remaining Hitpoints. Players should queue the Crumble Undead spell and cast on the spawn as soon as it lands to prevent damage during this special attack. Once the spawn is killed, the special attack ends which frees the player and removes Vorkath's immunity.

6/23/18-6/24/18

-Fixed anglerfish formula, Health=floor(level/10)+C, where level is your maximum hitpoints and the value of c is based on your current hitpoints. The error was that "level" was based off your current hitpoints, rather than maximum. So anglerfish will heal more hitpoints at lower health values, although still increase the higher your hitpoints already are (effective next restart).

-Working on vorkath's combat mechanics

• Combat stats
  • Combat bonuses
  • Melee attack: If players are in range, he swipes at the player with his wings/claws (slash-based).
  • Magic attack: Launches a bright-blue projectile at the player. Protect from Magic completely negates damage.
  • Ranged attack: Launches a spiked ball at the player that hits up to 32 damage. Protect from Missiles blocks this attack.
  • Dragonfire: Multiple dragonfire types.
    • Normal Dragonfire
    • Venom Dragonfire: Dragonfire that has a chance to inflict the venom status if not venom immune.
    • Pink Dragonfire: Dragonfire that disables all prayers upon impact.
  • High-damage Dragonfire: Vertically launched dragonfire at the player's position when cast. Deals up to 115 damage, but is halved if the player is next to the targeted spot when the dragonfire lands.

6/21/18

-Updated vorkath progress

-Vorkath in sight before crossing ice chunks

-Instancing of the area once you pass the ice chunks

-Poking vorkath to cause mob transformation from poke to examine to attackable

-Respawn vorkath option on the ice chunk

-Pet Vorki

-Combat mechanics

-Add drop table

-Add sailor npc + dialogue to travel to the island

-Make Dragonfire ward functional

• Combine skeletal visage with antidragon shield (90 smithing)
  • Act as a dragonfire shield
  • Added stats, equipment slot, requirement to wear (75 defence, 70 ranged)

-Make Superior dragon bones functional

• Use on altar
  • Bone exchange in wildy church
  • Works with bonecrusher

-Make Dragonbone necklace functional

• Added stats, equipment slot, requirement to wear (80 prayer)
  • Burying bones restore prayer points (requires amulet to have been worn for at least 9 seconds)
    • Bones +1
    • Big bones +2
    • Babydragon bones +3
    • Dragon bones | Wyvern Bones | Dagannoth bones +4
    • Superior dragon bones +5

-Fixed slayer tower 3rd floor door

-Kalphite cave now multi combat

-Items lost on death will now disappear after 6 minutes (used to be 3.5 minutes)

-When mining with a Mining skill cape (trimmed version too), you will now have 100% mining success (no more tired arms :P)

-Dxp weekend!

-You can now use kyren fish on other players in the raid to heal them

• Will send you a message if their health is full already, preventing the waste of food
  • Tells the player who healed them
  • Tells you their health after you've healed them, ex: 52/99

6/15/18

Vorkath progress (screen recorder made the colors funky):

-Vorkath in sight before crossing ice chunks

-Instancing of the area once you pass the ice chunks

-Poking vorkath to cause mob transformation from poke to examine to attackable

-Respawn vorkath option on the ice chunk

-Pet Vorki

-Combat mechanics

-Add drop table

-Add sailor npc + dialogue to travel to the island

-Make Dragonfire ward functional

• Combine skeletal visage with antidragon shield (90 smithing)
  • Act as a dragonfire shield
  • Added stats, equipment slot, requirement to wear (75 defence, 70 ranged)

-Make Superior dragon bones functional

• Use on altar
  • Bone exchange in wildy church
  • Works with bonecrusher

-Make Dragonbone necklace functional

• Added stats, equipment slot, requirement to wear (80 prayer)
  • Burying bones restore prayer points (requires amulet to have been worn for at least 9 seconds)
    • Bones +1
    • Big bones +2
    • Babydragon bones +3
    • Dragon bones | Wyvern Bones | Dagannoth bones +4
    • Superior dragon bones +5

AodpjXT.gif
-2x slayer points event also now active for this weekend

-Fixed an issue where you could be attacked in the supply room for the Great Olm

6/13/18

-Fixed blurriness for textures, most notable on fire/infernal capes and objects. Must download client again to enjoy 🙂

-Karamja gloves 4 now tradeable (best in game), dropped by Wild Krab

-Fixed the slayer tower doors between bloodvelds and dust devils that broke in the data update

-Fixed monk bone exchange: now prioritizes bones from lowest to highest exp and unnotes the specific bone if using them on him

6/1/1-6/12/18

-Now loading the latest OSRS data

-Osrs texturing added, infernal cape fixed

-Tweaked client shading so things look slightly nicer

-Fixed spacebar skipping input dialog when selecting duo partner

-Added a check for inventory space when redeeming vote rewards

-Reduced prices of partyhats and h'ween masks in donator store

-Waterfiends moved to kraken cove and mithril dragons area (ancient cavern)

-Kalphite workers, soldiers, guardians now located in Kalphite cave. You can now teleport to Kalphite queen and climb up the rope to access them.

-Cave kraken and boss now under "Kraken Cove" in PvM Teleports. The crevice in the boss room can be used to respawn the boss.

-Doubled time between trivia, tripled the cash reward

-Lottery now announces the pot when someone has entered

-Agility shortcut in the slayer stronghold works (72 agility requirement), the cave exit also teleports you outside to both slayer masters.

-Thermonuclear smoke devil now in his boss room

-Smoke devils no longer aggressive

-Corrected rank color on player profile for ultimate donator

-Fixed attack animations for dragon pickaxe

-Sea troll queen no longer leaves the water to follow you in combat

-Took a lot to get up to date on data you have no idea all the things I had to edit 😛 Wanting to work on vorkath as the next big update

12 minutes ago, Mr Krabs said:

-Took a lot to get up to date on data you have no idea all the things I had to edit 😛

Even if most of these updates are considered "minor", they're all part of what makes the server run smoothly and enjoyable to play. 
Thanks Krabs.:smile:

6 minutes ago, Aeon said:

Even if most of these updates are considered "minor", they're all part of what makes the server run smoothly and enjoyable to play. 
Thanks Krabs.:smile:

Very necessary for working with new content updates such as Vorkath :smile:

I wonder what the party hats and masks should be priced now on the official price guide, I need to sort it out. All around appreciate the updates a big step forward would take quite a bit of time, thank you.

Really nice progress on Vorkath, looking forward to seeing him added to the server!
Will the combat mechanics be identical to those on OSRS with varying attack styles and special attacks?

Also I've got my eye on that Vorki! I'll be hunting for that tirelessly.:cool:
I mean, just look at it!

300?cb=20180104231729

Edited by Aeon

22 hours ago, Snickers said:

Nice progress on vorkath will you add slayer xp value to it + boss task didnt see them on to do list @Mr Krabs

It will be a task yes the list for vorkath isn't all inclusive there might be things I have to add still which I'll realize as I'm working on 😛

12 hours ago, Aeon said:

Really nice progress on Vorkath, looking forward to seeing him added to the server!
Will the combat mechanics be identical to those on OSRS with varying attack styles and special attacks?

Also I've got my eye on that Vorki! I'll be hunting for that tirelessly.:cool:
I mean, just look at it!

300?cb=20180104231729

That's what I'm aiming for, depends how it goes 🙂

Wow, I can't believe you added the raid healing and death timer already. Really nice!

Will the effect of the bonecrusher stack with dragonbone necklace, or does one take priority over the other?

10 minutes ago, Tw0 said:

Love the updates! Also, is the comp cape going to have the same affect the mining cape just got? 😄

Max capes and comp capes will work as well next restart - I wanted it to be skillcape specific (wearing a mining cape while mining) gives it more of a theme I'd say, but then I realized for the thieving perk (100% success) max and comp capes already worked as well for that.

3 minutes ago, Aeon said:

Wow, I can't believe you added the raid healing and death timer already. Really nice!

Will the effect of the bonecrusher stack with dragonbone necklace, or does one take priority over the other?

You will receive the prayer exp from the bonecrusher and still replenish prayer points, so it's a nice combo to have 🙂

I'm so ready for vorkath :D:D:D:D:D:DD:D:D:D:D:D:D. Just wondering if we could get some info about the prayer exp from the superior bones, and an update about if we are getting the dragon bolts and vorkath's head for the ava's assembler in the drop table.

11 hours ago, Tw0 said:

I'm so ready for vorkath :D:D:D:D:D:DD:D:D:D:D:D:D. Just wondering if we could get some info about the prayer exp from the superior bones, and an update about if we are getting the dragon bolts and vorkath's head for the ava's assembler in the drop table.

1.76x times better than lava dragon bones roughly (85 vs 150)

I'll add those items as well, just have to make them functional first and probably add the ability to fletch the bolts, and the turquoise slayer helmet