Sign in to follow this  
Hi Tech

♠ An update: Round 2

So I've been away for a while helping mix and master the album. The mixing is nearly done, and the mastering can only be done after the mixing. I got cleared to release some early versions of the songs before we decided to re-mix them. Do keep in mind that these are the "prototypes" if you will, so not everything will be pretty. I gave these a once-over so they aren't close to the final result, unfortunately. But the overall direction for the sound is there.

If you don't like it or you think there is something that can be improved upon, please tell me! (some things may already be fixed.) But, also let me know if it's good, but can be better.

Thanks,

Chef ♠

3.Vision.Master.3

https://clyp.it/jhlrhelk

5.Viper.Master.1

https://clyp.it/e4rysvbd

11.Legend.Master.1

https://clyp.it/ipqznigc

Edited by Hi Tech

Listened to all 3 songs. I am by no means a great music critic, pretty much abide by what's popular and some other songs that really speak to me. I was really feeling the Vision song, really good overall. Pretty hot beat and decent lyricism. As a matter of fact, the beats were pretty good overall, just wasn't really feeling the Viper and Legend songs. Maybe lower the beat, raise his voice on Viper. I can barely hear/understand what he's saying. Legend doesn't seem complete, for length reasons, and I feel you could add more to it. Not sure what else to change. Sorry I can't provide more help! Really liking the work so far though!

2 minutes ago, Dads Love Me said:

Listened to all 3 songs. I am by no means a great music critic, pretty much abide by what's popular and some other songs that really speak to me. I was really feeling the Vision song, really good overall. Pretty hot beat and decent lyricism. As a matter of fact, the beats were pretty good overall, just wasn't really feeling the Viper and Legend songs. Maybe lower the beat, raise his voice on Viper. I can barely hear/understand what he's saying. Legend doesn't seem complete, for length reasons, and I feel you could add more to it. Not sure what else to change. Sorry I can't provide more help! Really liking the work so far though!

I don't believe you have to be a good critic to give good feedback. Having said that, thank you.

1. Vision: Every beat is made and produced by us, though mostly by him. He makes a lot of sounds. I think one of the reasons this track is likable in this state is because he's speaking with clarity. This was the third master.

2. Viper: Musicians do this thing where they mumble along to find a melody that they'll use in a song. I know it seems like he forgot the words and started mumbling, but he's actually freestyling to find melodies. I also didn't mix his vocals well at all. This was the first master.

3. Legend: The length being short is because it's a demo. :p But you're right, it's too short. There should be another verse +hook at least. I could go into technical details about what's going on in the mix here, but basically the beat isn't getting enough room to breath in the "middle" of the Hz spectrum, so it sounds loud. I'll have to remember all of that when we re-mix this one. This was the first master.

Thank you @Dads Love Me for your feedback!