One Letter

Thought process behind some of these updates / things

In no particular order:

1. Make unfinished potions: 35k each. I get it, the server needs cashsinks because of the flood of gold that comes into the game because of how much cash is constantly shoveled into the game from random drops with massively inflated shop prices (grapes, snakeskin, coconuts, etc) and things like voting/slayer task rewards/trivia. But at such a high price this is basically a useless feature that only helps a very small portion of the playerbase because most people would rather spend half an hour making potions then spend 35m to have it done automatically. As this is, I don't see any purpose to the update and it will go largely unused.

2. Barrows items degrading: What is the purpose? They last so long most people probably won't have to repair them more than once or twice in the entire time playing on the server, just an annoyance that items don't stack the same anymore unless you degrade all of your pieces. Such a minuscule amount of cash leaving the game does nothing as a cash sink.

3. Torn prayer scroll same price as rigour/augry: Just doesn't make sense, the prayer does basically nothing and should cost like 50 tokens, not really a big deal since the prayer doesn't do much anyway but it's just weird.

4. Why do ironmen not at least have a basic rune shop for elemental runes? You get enough from boss drops to keep you going for the most part but running out of waters and having to go craft more is super annoying.

5. Custom items are bad, especially best in slot op ones that are only available through donating. Maybe that's an unpopular opinions, but I at least have always hated custom trash added to servers.

6. Mage is dead content except elder wand: That's all there is to this story, mage sucks and it's not used anywhere except barraging barrows tasks and blood barraging in inferno.

7. Why does Ring of Wealth need to be so overpowered it makes all other rings entirely pointless and never used?

8. Last on my list is not a popular opinion, and most people disagree with me but blowpipe is absolute garbage. I don't know why, but in every single boss related place I've tested with bp/rune darts rcb/rubies has done better. BP is good for low level trash monsters and that's about it, maybe I just have the most consistent bad luck with it, I don't know.

sort of 9: For the love of god please upgrade bank sizes.

I can understand some of this but I disagree on most of it. 

I do think it is silly to make barrows degrade; For people like me with multiple sets and no more bank space because I am a vet, I see no reason to have barrow's pieces degrade as this feature just takes away my bank space. 

I can get behind your prayer scroll idea. I would prefer it be 100-200 tokens though. 

Also, have you tried using magic lately? Even without the elder wand I've had a ton of success with it. I used it at thermonuclear, Cerberus, rex (duh), and Kraken for example and did well. I think there is this stigma with magic in general, on OSRS and on RSPS. There's definitely certain places to use it and certain places not to use it. 

One, welcome to the server. Glad to see your one post count. 

It seems like you're a new player, so let me spit some knowledge at you for a second.

1) Unfinished potions. The only reason you're complaining about the 35k per unfinished potion is because you're an ironman. It's a luxury to be able to pay someone to get them done for you. Why have it really low and have no money taken out of the game? This server has been up for a year and almost two months so you can already imagine there is a lot of money in this game, especially the fact people hoard things. Prices of items aren't cheap. The other part of this is you saying random items with massively inflated prices. All these drops are specifically zulrah, no where else. Zulrah is supposed to be one, if not the best money maker in the game just like OSRS. So there is a reason for this. 

2) Not sure what the point of this is. It's like this in OSRS so why not keep it like that?

3) Yes, Torn Prayer scroll should be dropped significantly to maybe 100-150 in my opinion.   

4) Because it forces them to RuneCraft, or hunt for runes so either way it's a good idea in my opinion.

5) There are two custom items ingame, that is it. The Shadow Sword and the Elder Wand. Who cares that they are added, i bet you complain about this because you're an ironman who doesn't want to donate for them. If you were a regular player this would be on a different note. Guarantee. 

6) Krabs recently fixed the formula for mage and he's looking for feedback on it. Instead of saying it's dead content and doesn't work, actually give more feedback. Trident is overpowered. Get better magic bonus and you will hit perfectly fine.

7) Ring of Wealth isn't overpowered at all LOL. It gives a 2.5% chance of getting a SOMETHING not a rare or very rare drop in general. 

8) Since this server came out, Blowpipe has always been one of the best items ingame besides shadow sword and twisted bow. What it's at now is good enough. There shouldn't be a nerf nor be buffed.

9) That would be nice wouldn't it?

Overall with this thread I feel like you should title this complaints about QOL. Not a thought process. Feel free to fire back at me. 

Although these QOL type updates for ironmen and ironwomen would be awesome to see, I would have to agree with No Torva for the most part. 

1) The price should stay where it's at, where else do we use GP other than resetting slayer tasks? It's a luxury for a reason, otherwise make your unfinished pots like the rest of us poor bois.

2) I believe the idea behind this was to make it more "Real Runescape"-esque, although it's a pain to have two separate spots take up so much space when we have such limited space already (MORE BANK SPACE PLEASE). I alone have probably spent 5M-ish on barrows repairs. (Mostly from Deaths)

3) Torn Prayer Scroll is definitely useless, and should go for 50 or 75 or something. I doubt anyone would even buy that shit even if its that low. 

4) I understand where you're coming from about having limited runes; hence why my rune crafting is only 80 something. I find other means to get runes, like camping the Wizards at Mage Bank or buying them from Slayer Store. You have to get creative, you chose Ironman for a reason. 

5) Custom items don't really affect us; I have no opinion on said items. Just donate or transfer money to a regular account and pay someone for a donation. 

6) I wouldn't technically say Magic is dead content, rather people would rather use Melee or Range since they are more fitting for bossing, but how is that any different from real RS? Magic has and never will outrank Melee or Range in terms of DPS except for specific bosses as stated by No Torva. 

7) Again, I would hardly call ROW overpowered. As stated, it gives 2.5% chance at whatever is in the drop table. FYI, I use other rings and switch to ROW right before kill; as do many others. 

8) Honestly, I'd have to agree with this one partially. I've got blowpipe, dragon darts, anguish, arch ring, karils, snakeskin boots...then I do like 50 damage/2000 on raids bosses. I'm probably doing something wrong (if so please tell me) but I could be behind a partial buff to blowpipe.

9) Again, more bank space would be unreal and so helpful.

In all; its a huge pain in the ass but that's what we get for choosing the Iron-life instead of a normie. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HCIM btw. ;]

Sorry but I only agree with #9, the rest of these updates I found made the game more challenging or were genuinely beneficial for the server.

Edit; I'll reference why I don't agree in 35 minutes when i get home

1) It's a great gold sink, and honestly most people can afford it, even irons. It's 100m for 1,000 potions and most likely people that aren't going for 200ms will never use it for more than that amount at one time so I think it's fine.

2) Once again; gold sink, It's fine to have it. Doesn't make a huge impact on anyone

3) I think this is fine, maybe lower the price by 100 or less? It's pretty much berserker for OS and literally everyone used that prayer if they had it in RS because it was awesome. If we had curses and berserker was available you'd use it all the time aswell. Overall I think it's a great prayer thats just my opinion though.

4) Ironman mode is supposed to be challenging, the only things in the ironman store are items that you literally cannot obtain from anywhere except for regular shops or items that aren't availible yet (example; Bolts (unf) )

5) There's only 2 custom items in the game, Krabs honestly hates customs but atleast it makes Draynor stand out a bit more. Also I assume you aren't at a bank level to buy donations with ingame GP yet/you don't want to donate.

6) As literally everyone else on this post has said, magic will never be as good as melee/range in most situations but there are specific pvm places where magic is definitely your best/only option. Also Idk about anyone else but I don't just use the combat side of magic, I use alching/veng at almost every boss just for the shitty rune drops that most of the time you wouldn't pick up and you actually end up with a fair bit of cash from/just for the extra DPS or the achievement (regarding veng)

7) I wouldn't even consider the imbued ROW op and also how does it make other rings useless? You can literally just switch rings just before your kill if you were using Ring of suffering or something else (I think ROS is definitely better than ROW and that neither should be nerfed)

8) Blowpipe is STRICTLY better than rune darts if you also have rune darts in your blowpipe so I don't understand that. Regarding the other comparison to crossbows, I guess it depends on what situation you're in for example at arma I'd obviously prefer the accuracy from a crossbow but most of the time blowpipe's a pretty solid option but in saying that it's not made for all bosses so once again I'm gonna assume you tested it at the wrong location.

Regarding your comment on Blowpipe at raids @Dads Love Me range is useless on tekton and two of the vanguards (and obviously Olm's right claw) 

Edited by Sleds

17 hours ago, No Torva said:

One, welcome to the server. Glad to see your one post count. 

It seems like you're a new player, so let me spit some knowledge at you for a second.

1) Unfinished potions. The only reason you're complaining about the 35k per unfinished potion is because you're an ironman. It's a luxury to be able to pay someone to get them done for you. Why have it really low and have no money taken out of the game? This server has been up for a year and almost two months so you can already imagine there is a lot of money in this game, especially the fact people hoard things. Prices of items aren't cheap. The other part of this is you saying random items with massively inflated prices. All these drops are specifically zulrah, no where else. Zulrah is supposed to be one, if not the best money maker in the game just like OSRS. So there is a reason for this. 

2) Not sure what the point of this is. It's like this in OSRS so why not keep it like that?

3) Yes, Torn Prayer scroll should be dropped significantly to maybe 100-150 in my opinion.   

4) Because it forces them to RuneCraft, or hunt for runes so either way it's a good idea in my opinion.

5) There are two custom items ingame, that is it. The Shadow Sword and the Elder Wand. Who cares that they are added, i bet you complain about this because you're an ironman who doesn't want to donate for them. If you were a regular player this would be on a different note. Guarantee. 

6) Krabs recently fixed the formula for mage and he's looking for feedback on it. Instead of saying it's dead content and doesn't work, actually give more feedback. Trident is overpowered. Get better magic bonus and you will hit perfectly fine.

7) Ring of Wealth isn't overpowered at all LOL. It gives a 2.5% chance of getting a SOMETHING not a rare or very rare drop in general. 

8) Since this server came out, Blowpipe has always been one of the best items ingame besides shadow sword and twisted bow. What it's at now is good enough. There shouldn't be a nerf nor be buffed.

9) That would be nice wouldn't it?

Overall with this thread I feel like you should title this complaints about QOL. Not a thought process. Feel free to fire back at me. 

1. The reason I'm complaining about it is because it's a greal QoL update that will almost never be used, it could be 10k per potion and 5x more people would use it causing it to be a greater cash sink.

2. The point is because there is no purpose in it degrading, it's an inconsequential amount of gold leaving the game, and bank space is already a struggle enough as it is.

4. You're already forced to runecraft for higher level runes, and like I said it mostly doesn't matter with anything but waters. I don't see any reason why there couldn't be a standard basic rune store though

5. If I wanted to donate for them, I would. I have zero interest in using custom items because it lowers the integrity of the game and defeats a large part of the purpose of playing in my opinion. I've just seen far too many servers start adding things like this with the thought of "Only a couple" and then just keep adding more and more because of the influx of donations they cause.

6. Haven't seen a single trident being used in all my time playing, maybe you're right and it's fine now. My opinion was based off of using normal spells at places like Kraken and it being vastly inferior to range.

7. The normal row isn't that overpowered, the imbued one is imo. You could swap for kills if you wanted the extra stats but it's effort that I at least don't consider worth it. Don't see why you need boosted droprates anyway, especially when you consider the compounding bonus with donation rank/capes

8. Like I said, maybe I'm just consistently unlucky with it.

As for me being a new player as you so kindly pointed out, I've still played long enough to max (Not that it means much), and maybe you should try using some basic math and supply/demand curves before talking back about things like unf potions :) The rest of your post in more or less disagreeing just to disagree with no real reasoning behind it more than "It's because you don't want to buy it" or completely unsupported by anything more than "It's like that in OSRS" Thanks for the feedback though.

14 hours ago, Sleds said:

Sorry but I only agree with #9, the rest of these updates I found made the game more challenging or were genuinely beneficial for the server.

Edit; I'll reference why I don't agree in 35 minutes when i get home

1) It's a great gold sink, and honestly most people can afford it, even irons. It's 100m for 1,000 potions and most likely people that aren't going for 200ms will never use it for more than that amount at one time so I think it's fine.

2) Once again; gold sink, It's fine to have it. Doesn't make a huge impact on anyone

3) I think this is fine, maybe lower the price by 100 or less? It's pretty much berserker for OS and literally everyone used that prayer if they had it in RS because it was awesome. If we had curses and berserker was available you'd use it all the time aswell. Overall I think it's a great prayer thats just my opinion though.

4) Ironman mode is supposed to be challenging, the only things in the ironman store are items that you literally cannot obtain from anywhere except for regular shops or items that aren't availible yet (example; Bolts (unf) )

5) There's only 2 custom items in the game, Krabs honestly hates customs but atleast it makes Draynor stand out a bit more. Also I assume you aren't at a bank level to buy donations with ingame GP yet/you don't want to donate.

6) As literally everyone else on this post has said, magic will never be as good as melee/range in most situations but there are specific pvm places where magic is definitely your best/only option. Also Idk about anyone else but I don't just use the combat side of magic, I use alching/veng at almost every boss just for the shitty rune drops that most of the time you wouldn't pick up and you actually end up with a fair bit of cash from/just for the extra DPS or the achievement (regarding veng)

7) I wouldn't even consider the imbued ROW op and also how does it make other rings useless? You can literally just switch rings just before your kill if you were using Ring of suffering or something else (I think ROS is definitely better than ROW and that neither should be nerfed)

8) Blowpipe is STRICTLY better than rune darts if you also have rune darts in your blowpipe so I don't understand that. Regarding the other comparison to crossbows, I guess it depends on what situation you're in for example at arma I'd obviously prefer the accuracy from a crossbow but most of the time blowpipe's a pretty solid option but in saying that it's not made for all bosses so once again I'm gonna assume you tested it at the wrong location.

Regarding your comment on Blowpipe at raids @Dads Love Me range is useless on tekton and two of the vanguards (and obviously Olm's right claw) 

1. As I said before, it could be more usable and a better cash sink. 35k each would be a great cash sink if it were commonly used, but at a lower price so many more people would use it, a larger amount of gold would leave the game overall. 

2. It does impact people because it's extra slots in the bank. Inconsequential gold sink, major annoyance.

3. Yes, anyone who has the prayer unlocked I'm sure does use it all the time, it's has more of a passive usefulness than an active one though. You save a few doses of potion, compared to rigour/augry that massively impact your dps. Doesn't make sense for them to be the same price, there is a reason the torn scroll is much more common and costs like 100k in oldschool.

4. Making elemental runes doesn't make anything more challenging, you make a shit ton of them at once. It's just a random hassle that doesn't serve any purpose other than spending 10 minutes making water runes if you plan on  barraging many barrows tasks.

5. Like I said before, if I wanted them I would buy them. The point I was trying to make is they quickly get out of hand and you have hoards of people smashing through every bit of pvm content in the game with ease flooding the economy with items. 

6. Like I told No Torva, I could be wrong on this one as I haven't tested trident myself. But as for the normal spells I have used, they are completely useless and I have never once seen a trident being used anywhere. Not sure where you are referring to as them being the only option.

7. If you want to go through the effort of switching rings, sure I guess they aren't dead content. But honestly why bother swapping at most places? Droprate boosting items are definitely overpowered, especially when they stack with other boosting items. As for you saying that you think ROS is better, in what situation...? You can instant teleport to everywhere in the game, and anyone who has donated a small amount skips over killcount requirements. Why do you need defense stats? Only place I would use ROS is zulrah for the recoil effect.

8. I think you misread. I was saying bp/rune darts as in bp loaded with rune darts vs rcb/rubies as in rcb with ruby bolts. You say "most of the time blowpipe is a pretty solid option" but where is it a better option..? I said it was better for low level monsters, but at every single boss I've been too rcb is far superior, even at Zulrah.

Edited by One Letter

For the rings;

I've never even used them in RS because the bonus really isn't that helpful, even the imbued version. Would be really cool to have custom bonus on them :P but I doubt most people would want that to vary from osrs

10 hours ago, One Letter said:

1. Make unfinished potions: 35k each. I get it, the server needs cashsinks because of the flood of gold that comes into the game because of how much cash is constantly shoveled into the game from random drops with massively inflated shop prices (grapes, snakeskin, coconuts, etc) and things like voting/slayer task rewards/trivia. But at such a high price this is basically a useless feature that only helps a very small portion of the playerbase because most people would rather spend half an hour making potions then spend 35m to have it done automatically. As this is, I don't see any purpose to the update and it will go largely unused.

Sort of i understand where you are coming from this one, its a really hefty price to pay 35k each for a potion made considering the potion prices varies around 15-25k each maybe ? 

2. Barrows items degrading: What is the purpose? They last so long most people probably won't have to repair them more than once or twice in the entire time playing on the server, just an annoyance that items don't stack the same anymore unless you degrade all of your pieces. Such a minuscule amount of cash leaving the game does nothing as a cash sink.

Maybe a bit un-nessecary to have barrows degrade, but i think they should eitheir degrade faster or cost more to repair. on the other note i think it would be a bit stupid to make it cost like 2m(?) when the pieces them self cost roughly the same.

3. Torn prayer scroll same price as rigour/augry: Just doesn't make sense, the prayer does basically nothing and should cost like 50 tokens, not really a big deal since the prayer doesn't do much anyway but it's just weird.

Yes i think it should be bit less than the other two scrolls since its not AS USEFULL as the other ones :D, but  still should be a decent price since i find it pretty usefull, considering it literally halfs the time till you need to re-pot while camping for an ex. boss.

4. Why do ironmen not at least have a basic rune shop for elemental runes? You get enough from boss drops to keep you going for the most part but running out of waters and having to go craft more is super annoying.

I quess if other ironman wants this sure why not :D im non iron so cant say much bout it.

5. Custom items are bad, especially best in slot op ones that are only available through donating. Maybe that's an unpopular opinions, but I at least have always

hated custom trash added to servers.

6. Mage is dead content except elder wand: That's all there is to this story, mage sucks and it's not used anywhere except barraging barrows tasks and blood barraging in inferno.

I personally dont think mage is 'dead content'. Yes Elder wand is atm the best in slot magic weapon for magic but lets say trident + trident of the swamp isnt really that much worst.. I mean now that tridents attack speed was fixed and mage overall buffed i think it really good way to actualy pvm. Not only the elder wand :p I personally use mage at, kq,cave krakens, Zammy gwds, donor boss and things like that for an example :)

7. Why does Ring of Wealth need to be so overpowered it makes all other rings entirely pointless and never used?

Overpowered, hmm. Yes it is actually really good to be used while youre bossing certain bosses but i myself use berserker ring (i) + seers (i) + archers (i) when ever im killing things like: abyssal demons, dark beast, pretty much all other hard tasks that i know dont drop that valuable 'rare'
drops.. Donor boss, Raids, + things like that. Its not the most efficient thing in a world to use at certain places but i get your point :P

8. Last on my list is not a popular opinion, and most people disagree with me but blowpipe is absolute garbage. I don't know why, but in every single boss related place I've tested with bp/rune darts rcb/rubies has done better. BP is good for low level trash monsters and that's about it, maybe I just have the most consistent bad luck with it, I don't know.

Well i find it better to use bp :P i quess its a personal preferance. We had that blowpipe strength buff few months back? and it literally pretty much out dps'ed pretty much every other range wep :p not that it got lowered i think its pretty balaced. Maybe a small buff to the accuracy? but the damage you do is good atm.

yes we all want this xD Krabs  belive is trying to work on this, but its not as easy as you would think to add dem spaces :P 

All and all good suggestions/opinions even i didnt agree with all of em :) good to see people communicate and share their oppinions!

On 1/14/2018 at 9:44 PM, One Letter said:

In no particular order:

5. Custom items are bad, especially best in slot op ones that are only available through donating. Maybe that's an unpopular opinions, but I at least have always hated custom trash added to servers.

1. Quite a few people do use it and has saved them lots of time while taking gold out of the game.

2. I will remove the degradation in combat, however it will still break on death or if dropped on the ground in general.

3. The prices were adjusted

4. Some runes can be purchased via the slayer store for points. While not perfect, I am looking to improve rune gathering for ironmen in general.

5. There are enough of them to go around to where you can easily obtain them via trading, or you can drop trade items as an iron in exchange for bonds.

6. Mage isn't really given enough credit and is actually pretty good in certain areas like cave krakens, inferno, wildy barrows, rex, and really anywhere else it should be good still. Melee and range are still the dominant ones as you don't see people using magic on everything they kill on OSRS either and rather used when necessary.  I've also updated the accuracy output on it as well as more damage bonuses for it which have made it better since the post was created.

7. PvM is a big point of the server so people like any drop rate bonuses they can get their hands on, if you wanted to you could just swap to the ring the second before the kill it just requires some more attention.

8. Blowpipe is used in a variety of pvm situations and don't get a lot of complaints about it so it seems to be fairly balanced as it is of right now. Ruby bolts might be better in some applications because there is a bug with the bolt special that basically hits twice which is why its so good and will be fixed in due time.

9. This is commonly requested and I have tried several times to increase it without success as it requires modification of the bank interface to support that, as there is more to it than just editing a number. I've also put an offer out to pay for it but haven't had anyone contact me yet. I have also reached out to numerous client developers, most of which just never got back to me/fell through/rejected the work and I'm waiting on one who is under contract with someone else still. One day the bank space issue on Draynor will be solved.