Range 2

NEW WILDERNESS BOSS/BOSSES

On the topic of increasing activity in the wilderness, along with introducing a boss that has good/better weapons into the game, here will be some suggestions I have on a new boss/bosses.  As the topic goes on, the idea on the drop table can either come from existing items in the game, or custom items that Krabs would introduce.  Before people make a comment about how they don't want a server ridden with custom items, I'm not saying I want something like an orange partyhat, or purple h'ween mask.  These items would be something unique to the server, almost as if we are receiving an update that is brand new content, introducing a new dynamic that differs from the updates that OSRS rolls out on a monthly basis.  Of course, the custom items for simplicity would be something that already exists in Runescape, but it would be tweaked to be re-colorized, buffed stats, and a new name.

NEW BOSS NPC:

I have picked out a couple NPC's that could be decided on that I think would be good bosses to have out in the wilderness.  Just like the custom items, these could have their names changed, stats buffed, and resized larger or smaller to fit the needs of a "boss look."  (Similar to how the Inadequacy and Giant Krab have been added)

1) Treus Dayth

Treus Dayth

2) Flambeed

Flambeed

3) Dessourt

Dessourt

4) The Untouchable

The Untouchable

LOCATION(S):

Ideally I would like for two bosses to be added.  These are the two locations I think would be good places for them.

Location 1:

Level 42 Wilderness, EAST of the Lava Maze.  This spot is in between the Lava Maze and Lava Dragon Teleport spot.  (Due to my initial log in when I took the picture, you can't see it, but this area is MULTI COMBAT.)

UlIxPS5.png

Location 2:

Level 55 Wilderness, WEST of the Wilderness Agility course.  (This area is SINGLE COMBAT)

3edpNI1.png

NPC ATTACK STYLE/LEVELS/HEALTH:

Both bosses would have either all attack styles, Mage/Range/Melee, or Magic/Melee where the Mage attack will hit through prayer.

LOCATION 1 BOSS: 500HP, all three attack styles, and similar damage to that of The Inadequacy and Giant Krab.

LOCATION 2 BOSS: 400HP, magic and melee attack styles where the magic attack will hit through prayer.

DROPS:

A lot can be considered for the boss drops to ensure that they won't be introducing too much into the game.  My thought process on these bosses for the drops has been compared based on the drops of other wilderness bosses.  I will go into detail talking about CUSTOM ITEMS that I have included in the drop table in the next section.  The custom items will be in BOLD.

LOCATION 1 BOSS:

ALWAYS:

COMMON:

200 Blood Runes, 400 Chaos Runes, 400 Death Runes, 400 Soul Runes, 800 Water Runes, 800 Fire Runes,  (Useful for Ironman) (maybe lower these x2 if need be)

UNCOMMON:

Mysterious Emblem, 100 Dragon Darts, 100 Dragon Bolts (e), 7 Prayer Potions, 7 Super Restores, 7 Saradomin Brews,  2 Rune Bars, 50 Crushed Nests, 50 Red Spiders Eggs, 50 Limpwurt Roots, 50 White Berries, 20 Cooked Dark Crabs, 20 Cooked Angler Fish, Crystal Key, Tier 2 Mysterious Emblem

RARE:

Tier 10 Mysterious Emblem, Dragon Chainbody, Dragon defender (t), Golden Key, Mystery Box, 200 Dark Crab Fishing Bait, 200 Red Vine Worms, Lava Battlestaff, 50 Clean Torstol, 50 Rune Ore

VERY RARE:

Armadyl Godsword (Full sword, this one might be a stretch, but since it is available in Wilderness Shop I figured why not)

Imbue Scroll

ANCIENT HELMET (Would be best melee defense helmet)

ANCIENT PLATEBODY (Would be best melee defense platebody)

ANCIENT PLATELEGS (Would be best melee defense platelegs)

THE DARKNESS

**MINIATURIZED VERSION PET OF NPC? (I think a custom mini Flambeed, or Treus Dayth pet would be awesome)

LOCATION 2 BOSS:

ALWAYS:

COMMON:

10 Diamonds, 10 Rubies, 10 Sapphires, 10 Emeralds, , 10 Dark Crabs, 10 Ring of Recoil, 3 Super Restores, 3 Super Combats

UNCOMMON:

Mysterious Emblem, 50 Dragon Darts, 50 Dragon bolts (e), 7 Prayer Potions, 7 Super Restores, 7 Saradomin Brews,  2 Rune Bars, 50  Wine of Zamorak, 50 Dragon Scale Dust, 50 Limpwurt Roots, 20 Cooked Dark Crabs, 20 Cooked Angler Fish, Crystal key, Tier 2 Mysterious Emblem

RARE:

Tier 10 Mysterious Emblem, Dragon defender (t), Golden Key, Mystery Box, 200 Dark Crab Fishing Bait, 200 Red Vine Worms, 50 Clean Torstol, 50 Rune Ore

VERY RARE:

Dragon Claws: (Remove Dragon claws as a drop from Ancient Gorilla and make him drop full heavy ballista, zenyte shards, onyx)

Bounty Teleport Scroll

THE NIGHTMARE (Would be better than the Armadyl Crossbow, but still not as powerful as the Twisted Bow)

**MINIATURIZED VERSION PET OF NPC? (I think a custom mini Flambeed, or Treus Dayth pet would be awesome)

CUSTOM ITEMS:

ANCIENT HELMET:

Re-colorize the Dwarven Helmet from the Grim Tales quest to white and eggshell white colors.

Dwarven helmet

Attack Bonus

Stab: +0

Slash: +0

Crush: +0

Magic: -5

Range: +0

Defense Bonus

Stab: +65

Slash: +70

Crush: +55

Magic: +0

Range: +60

Other Bonuses

Strength: +2

Prayer: +2

ANCIENT PLATEBODY:

Re-colorize the Achievement Diary 2 Set Platebody to white and eggshell white colors.

Varrock armour 2

Attack Bonus

Magic: -15

Defense Bonus

Stab: +125

Slash: +130

Crush: +115

Magic: + 0

Range: +145

Other Bonuses

Strength: +3

Prayer: +3

ANCIENT PLATELEGS:

Re-colorize the Achievement Diary 2 set Platelegs to white and eggshell white colors.

Morytania legs 2

Attack Bonus

Magic: -15

Defense Bonus

Stab: +90

Slash: +85

Crush: +90

Range: +100

Other Bonuses

Strength: +3

Prayer: +3

THE DARKNESS

Re-colorize black, dark grey, dark blue colors.
Multiple options, in order: Dark Light, Anger Sword, Harry's Cutlass, Lucky Cutlass, Brine Sabre

Darklight    Anger sword    Harry's cutlass    Lucky cutlass    Brine sabre

Attack Bonus

Stab: +80

Slash: +88

Crush: -2

Defense Bonus

Other Bonuses

Strength: +88

Prayer: +0

Speed: 2.4 seconds

THE NIGHTMARE

Re-colorize the Hunter's Crossbow black, dark blue, dark green.

Hunter's crossbow

Attack Bonus

Range: +125

Defense Bonus

Other Bonuses

Strength: +0

Prayer: +0

Speed: 3.0 seconds

MY IDEAL OPINION ON THIS:

Create 2 new bosses and add the custom items for them to drop to their drop table.  Add the NPC "Dessourt" or "Treus Dayth" in Level 42 Wilderness (Location 1) and make him larger to look better and more like a boss, Combat Level 450 and rename him something we decide on.  Add the NPC "Flambeed" in Level 55 Wilderness (Location 2) and rename him.  If custom items are introduced, we could remove the Dragon Claws and Armadyl Godsword from the drop table.

OTHER OPTIONS:

Don't include customized items and make these bosses drop the items that are not my custom suggestions and add anything else that seems like it would be a good drop to increase incentive for people to kill them.

Let me know what you guys think.

--Range--

Edited by Range 2

WOW. So much detail bro.

I support everything, this really will push players to kill things in the wilderness. Make this happen for sure. 

Edited by Beer

I like the idea of new bosses, but the weapons seem too overpowered and would kind of kill raids if there's a new best in slot range weapon?

Would also kinda kill the shadowsword with a new best in slot melee weapon.

However the idea is solid =)

@Sixty Thank you for the feedback, I don't know the stats of the Shadow Sword, could you post them here? The plan for the "The Darkness" weapon was to make it somewhere between the stats of a Shadow Sword and a whip.  As "The Nightmare", I will edit this in my post, I meant to make it the best in slow crossbow, not better than the Twisted Bow.  From what I have found on the Twisted Bow, it give a Range Bonus of +70, however that does not factor in the algorithm that basis max damage off of the magic level, which is what makes the Twisted Bow the best range item.  The Armadyl Crossbow gives a Range Bonus of +100, so I could be wrong here, but the +125 Range bonus I believe would allow "The Nightmare" crossbow to hit slightly higher than the Armadyl Crossbow, but still not as strong as the Twisted Bow.  If anything this Range Bonus can be lowered to maybe +115 to +120.  I really do appreciate the feedback to help tweak things to make it fair and balanced.

Edited by Range 2

Also, since there is no available way in the Equipment Interface for me to check the Range Strength of a weapon, these values to determine Max Hit etc. might need to be worked out with @Mr Krabs if he is on board with the idea

Twisted bow/shadowsword/tentacle whip/abyssal whip

Attack Bonus

Stab: +0/+95/+0/+0

Slash: +0/+95/+90/+82

Crush: +0/-2/+0/+0/+0

Magic: +0/+0/+0/+0

Range: +70/+0/+0/+0

Defense Bonus

Stab: +0/+0/+0/+0

Slash: +0/+2/+0/+0

Crush: +0/+2/+0/+0

Magic: + 0/+0/+0/+0

Range: +0/+0/+0/+0

Other Bonuses

Strength: +0/+90/+86/+82

Prayer: +4/+0/+0/+0

I like the idea of custom weapons, but I'm not exactly sure how well this idea would be with krabs. I love the idea of new bosses to give us more content and possibly more people at the same time, but adding custom weapons might be a stretch just because krabs wants it as close to OS as possible without it actually being it (item wise). That is why there is only one custom item, shadow sword, in the game as of now. But, I fully support this.

no matter what these bosses drops why would you kill a boss somewhere you have literally no chance of escaping in case a pker shows up?

theres literally 1-2 sets of pyromancer in the freaking game. it didn't change anything when it comes to wildy activity.

making a boss in such deep wildy will never benefit the PvMer, only the PvP'er. and i just noticed that the area you suggest in lvl 42 or what level it is which is even MULTI which just makes everything worse

Edited by matias

Thank you @Sixty I have made the modifications to the stats of "The Darkness" sword to be not as strong as the Shadow Sword (it is also slower, it would hit the same speed as the whip).  And @matias the point of this update is give risk to reward, which is why the bosses will be there.  While you're out in the wilderness there is much more risk in these areas to try and kill them and that is why the new items I'm proposing would be very good. 

Killing the Giant Krab is easy and practically safe because you can quickly get to the mage bank level to escape a PKer.  People more than likely won't like to risk their gear as much farther from safe spots in the wilderness, and these bosses will be stronger than the Giant Krab as well, I was only hoping to make their attack styles similar, but their damage output will be higher and their health will also be increased.  The time it would take to get out there, the amount of kills possible per trip, and less damage due to weaker gear will mean these bosses won't be killed nearly as much.  The drop rate hasn't been discussed either, but I would advise Krabs to give them a more difficult drop rate to obtain too.

All I am going to say is that I take some of this information and suggestions in consideration and that it may/might affect something I am working on atm. Nice idea and nice suggestions. I am not a big fan of custom items tho, neither is Krabs. But keep them goin (y). @Range 2

On 09/12/2017 at 8:58 PM, matias said:

no matter what these bosses drops why would you kill a boss somewhere you have literally no chance of escaping in case a pker shows up?

theres literally 1-2 sets of pyromancer in the freaking game. it didn't change anything when it comes to wildy activity.

making a boss in such deep wildy will never benefit the PvMer, only the PvP'er. and i just noticed that the area you suggest in lvl 42 or what level it is which is even MULTI which just makes everything worse

Pyro sure look cool but Its dead content like elder robes :)

who wouldnt want to risk risk a rune 'cbow for an sword nearly as good as a shadow sword. The whole reason runescape add PVM in wilderness is to increase wilderness activity, and that what has been suggested here.

this suggestions has more relevence than a store with seaweed and sand, and a golden tinder box

Edited by Beer

1 hour ago, Beer said:

Pyro sure look cool but Its dead content like elder robes :)

who wouldnt want to risk risk a rune 'cbow for an sword nearly as good as a shadow sword. The whole reason runescape add PVM in wilderness is to increase wilderness activity, and that what has been suggested here.

this suggestions has more relevence than a store with seaweed and sand, and a golden tinder box

seaweed and sand is what is in OSRS nmz's shop which i took a picture of i just wanted to give the idea. i never said there should be seaweed and sand in the shop in draynor.

The whole point is to get the server more active before focusing on wildy activity. you can't have wildy activity on a server that has 20-30 player base at the very top. but if you believe its better with customs here then be my guest. but lets add this and sit on forum all day and never go in-game and pretend i have a clue whats going on and whats good for the server.

Edited by matias

29 minutes ago, matias said:

seaweed and sand is what is in OSRS nmz's shop which i took a picture of i just wanted to give the idea. i never said there should be seaweed and sand in the shop in draynor.

The whole point is to get the server more active before focusing on wildy activity. you can't have wildy activity on a server that has 20-30 player base at the very top. but if you believe its better with customs here then be my guest. but lets add this and sit on forum all day and never go in-game and pretend i have a clue whats going on and whats good for the server.

Haha or we could just be a condescending dickhead and put down decent suggestions because you think yours are better :^)

1 hour ago, matias said:

I love this idea. It's not my server obviously, but I think custom items are fun. Its a "private server", why not have customs? Obviously have some sort of announcement in the tutorial for new players so they know there are in fact customs on the server. Some people dislike customs on their RSPS however.. 

This kind of suggestion is important because 1) It brings activity to the wild and 2) Really good content entering the game for PVM and even PVP, which will make people go get these items. 

@matias I totally get your point and mostly agree. The server right now has a small player base, so people may not go out there and jump into this sort of content. @Beer I don't think the Pyro is dead content, I just think the small player base dwindles the chances of people going out there. It's not most peoples priority to get an outfit that boosts their FM experience (It is a really easy skill already without the outfit), and there are a TON of iron man accounts that play daily. So why would I go farm pryo stuff and risk my bank when there aren't a ton of players willing to pay for these items? I'd argue that people WILL pay for PVM items like custom Cbow's and new Swords/shields that compete with Abyssal Whip and ACB. 

Great and very detailed suggestion by Range here! I support it. 

EDIT: I'd like to add that perhaps one of these bosses wouldn't need to be in the wild at all, but in a random spot in the map somewhere, and would REQUIRE a team of 3+ people to take down efficiently. 

Edited by ryanheinz

Bump.

If anything, with the new additions of Demons you need to kill for the Imbued God Capes (which I love by the way, GREAT JOB GUYS!)  I was thinking adding Flambéed as a custom boss in Location 2 (55 Wild, west of the Wilderness agility course) with important pking drops that are already in the game (see my drop list table above if we don't go the route of including custom weapons as a drop) would be a great addition to the wilderness!

11 minutes ago, Range 2 said:

Bump.

If anything, with the new additions of Demons you need to kill for the Imbued God Capes (which I love by the way, GREAT JOB GUYS!)  I was thinking adding Flambéed as a custom boss in Location 2 (55 Wild, west of the Wilderness agility course) with important pking drops that are already in the game (see my drop list table above if we don't go the route of including custom weapons as a drop) would be a great addition to the wilderness!

I think with an item worthwhile enough, people will go there. and people will pk there. agreeeed

I fully support this! Wilderness Rejuvenation round 2 haha. And those ideas for the The Darkness and The Nightmare sound like they'd be dope! Doubtful they'll ad the RFD bosses though since they plan on implementing the actual quest I believe. But would definitely be down for more bosses in the wilderness!

28 minutes ago, Dads Love Me said:

I fully support this! Wilderness Rejuvenation round 2 haha. And those ideas for the The Darkness and The Nightmare sound like they'd be dope! Doubtful they'll ad the RFD bosses though since they plan on implementing the actual quest I believe. But would definitely be down for more bosses in the wilderness!

do you know de wae