Cjtigger

Dwarf Multicannon

This topic was already made by @main the man back in April but was in the wrong section and didn't gain much attention. you can find it here

So I figured I'd make a thread with my own twist in suggestions =D

Wouldn't it be cool to be able to get a cannon that you can train slayer faster with? The cannon would be dropped by the inadaquency (or another boss if krabs so chooses) and you can buy cannonballs in the range/general store for let's say 1k? 10k? Each.

Heres where my own twist takes a bigger effect, what if there was something called a gilded cannon which you can buy from range/general for a big amount of money, this cannon would shoot faster then a normal cannon, maybe twice as fast? The cannon would be a lot of money, let's say 250m? 500m? 

Let me know what you guys think, the prices for sure can be changed!

1 minute ago, Beer said:

+1 Would be awesome if Krabs COULD add this!

I like the idea of Golden cannon and it's perks but I don't want it to be able to be purchased with in game currency, perhaps a raid reward :).

Oo raids that'd be a nice reward!

I supoort this but i have two problemsTheres two reasons why. 1. Almost everyone does boss tasks. 2. Ranged and Slayer xp is already easy enough I think. If there was like 250 green drags as a task i think the cannon would be useful. The cannon can't be a bad thing to have either. I like the gilded cannon idea but i dont think there should be one. It strives away from the original osrs, and we want it to be as much like osrs as possible.

1 minute ago, rangers said:

I supoort this but i have two problemsTheres two reasons why. 1. Almost everyone does boss tasks. 2. Ranged and Slayer xp is already easy enough I think. If there was like 250 green drags as a task i think the cannon would be useful. The cannon can't be a bad thing to have either. I like the gilded cannon idea but i dont think there should be one. It strives away from the original osrs, and we want it to be as much like osrs as possible.

I appreciate your feedback

We play a private server, not all things should be the same, I see your side though and I respect it

1 minute ago, rangers said:

It is, but krabs doesnt like custom items, idk if this is considered "custom", i would support a golden cannon if it was just cosmetic tho....

We have plenty of "custom items" which are different from oldschool but the items are still there, such as golden hammer is from the priest in peril quest. Or the shadow sword from a miniquest.

Thats true but wheres the golden cannon from? Dont say regular cannon

2 minutes ago, Cjtigger said:

We have plenty of "custom items" which are different from oldschool but the items are still there, such as golden hammer is from the priest in peril quest. Or the shadow sword from a miniquest.

7 minutes ago, rangers said:

Thats true but wheres the golden cannon from? Dont say regular cannon

There is no such thing as a golden cannon in osrs I don't think, so I see your point that it is a "custom" item but I'm sure it'll be easy to code or I hope ;)

There is though a golden cannon in runescape 3 @rangers

Edited by Cjtigger
Added on

While I like the idea of being able to do Slayer faster I'm still not sure how many people would actually use it. 
As has been pointed out most people do boss slayer tasks and the dwarf multicannon typically isn't able to be set up in those locations.

I fully support making it a moneysink if introduced, though, but it shouldn't be through cannonballs as I think those should be smithable by players to create new niche moneymaking methods especially for lower levelled players and skillers. Instead the cannon should degrade as it was used and a certain amount of money would be needed to repair it just like we're used to with Barrows equipment.

7 minutes ago, Aeon said:

While I like the idea of being able to do Slayer faster I'm still not sure how many people would actually use it. 
As has been pointed out most people do boss slayer tasks and the dwarf multicannon typically isn't able to be set up in those locations.

I fully support making it a moneysink if introduced, though, but it shouldn't be through cannonballs as I think those should be smithable by players to create new niche moneymaking methods especially for lower levelled players and skillers. Instead the cannon should degrade as it was used and a certain amount of money would be needed to repair it just like we're used to with Barrows equipment.

How much were you thinking the price to repair it should be and how long does it take to degrade? Also barrows equipment doesn't degrade on here :)

2 hours ago, Cjtigger said:

How much were you thinking the price to repair it should be and how long does it take to degrade? Also barrows equipment doesn't degrade on here :)

Yeah I know it doesn't, and that only makes the degrade system more needed on new items in my opinion.:wink:
If the cannon itself is obtained through monster drops then perhaps fully repairing it could cost 250m and make it last for 5 hours of combat, or if that's too little perhaps 400m for 10 hours. You should be able to earn 400m in 10 hours from pvm to fund using the cannon afterwards.

26 minutes ago, Aeon said:

Yeah I know it doesn't, and that only makes the degrade system more needed on new items in my opinion.:wink:
If the cannon itself is obtained through monster drops then perhaps fully repairing it could cost 250m and make it last for 5 hours of combat, or if that's too little perhaps 400m for 10 hours. You should be able to earn 400m in 10 hours from pvm to fund using the cannon afterwards.

400m is way too much in my opinion, I've bossed for like 100 hours and I didn't get anything, it's all rng and that would be a wasted 4b which for some people is a lot