No Torva

Suggestion: Server Reset and Prestige

I know. I know. You, the reader, are going to jump to conclusions and say "No terrible idea." before even reading a little bit of this suggestion. So here is my suggestion. A Server Reset! Now let me tell you why I think this is a great idea. (ONCE THERE ARE A FEW ISSUES FIXED)

I think a server would be beneficial to the server. I know a lot of people will say "Well I worked so hard for my items and my stats so no." Good thing this is a private server and it's actually easy to get items and stats back, easily. Exp rates are good if not too easy (there is hardcore for a reason). I know a lot of people hoard items and they're too selfish to sell them off, and if they do they want a lot of money for them. This would stop that issue. This would actually bring COMPETITION to the server which is a necessity. This server has been out for 10 months now and so it's hard to have any competition whether it's the wealthiest, claim #1 spot in high scores etc. There would be a scramble to get stats and items to start GodWars and Raids and be the first person to have X item which I love that aspect of it. You will get compensated for your donation points so there is no worry about that. There will be a total economy reset and money will be a little harder to get which I like that part. I don't like when people have bills just sitting in a bank and can't really do much about it besides risk fight, which is what I do when I have a plethora of money. 

Another thing. Get rid of the prestige system. I think it's absolutely pointless in the first place. Yes you can get cool rewards from it and stuff but ehh I don't like getting a 99 and resetting it 5 times and maxing again for basically nothing. Or instead of getting rid of it completely make it to where you get 13m xp and you can prestige but you keep the xp. Then once you hit I don't know.. say 30m exp you can prestige again, then 50m, then 75m, then 100m. I just like this better honestly. But with this being said, exp rates would have to get lowered a little bit (but I know it's a lot for Krabs to do so not sure if this would work for him.) I know the prestige system brings uniqueness to the server but I don't think it's really necessary. 

There might be an issue with people who already have everything in game, but it just makes sense to a server that only has 5-20 people max at a time to start a new and bring in more players. This wouldn't happen for a while until some issues are solved (pvp and pvm combat systems). I promise you, in the long run this would be super beneficial to the server. A fresh start is what a couple people want. I hope you do too. 

no disrispect, but fuck this idea, i joined around 17 days ago in my hardcore and got 8 p5s through hard grind, im happy for an eco reset (provided everything in regaurds to eco is cleaned including donator points) but this idea of xp is obsured 

4 minutes ago, HC Nights End said:

no disrispect, but fuck this idea, i joined around 17 days ago in my hardcore and got 8 p5s through hard grind, im happy for an eco reset (provided everything in regaurds to eco is cleaned including donator points) but this idea of xp is obsured 

Thank you for your input 

I support it 100% makes perfect sense, I think the donor shops should be changed to remove items you can get from npc drops this way people have to grind more. I do believe people who donated should get the points back they paid for but only with an updated donor shop that does not ruin the market

We have had more people who afk at home than actual active people recently. I think it's time for a change, this is just the most extreme option I can think of that would work. 

I am guessing, but we might only have a handful of people, mostly newcomers, quit. 

I see a reset as more of a band-aid for underlying issues that need to be resolved, otherwise we will have the same problem soon enough. I need to focus on the core aspects of the server (PvP/PvM/Skilling tweaks/improvements) that improve the overall health/longevity of server and its players so that people always have something fun to do.

14 minutes ago, Mr Krabs said:

I see a reset as more of a band-aid for underlying issues that need to be resolved, otherwise we will have the same problem soon enough. I need to focus on the core aspects of the server (PvP/PvM/Skilling tweaks/improvements) that improve the overall health/longevity of server and its players so that people always have something fun to do.

If you did and changed things immediately with the update then fix those things as time goes on you won't have this issue again. Right now cash is useless you can't even spend money and the entire eco is ruined basically..

42 minutes ago, Mr Krabs said:

Biggest things that need to be tweaked, in my opinion, are PvP for sure, typing error, pvm drops (they're bad honestly), no more recharge, no more always stay in (5 min logout timer)

There does need to be more content as many people are bored of doing the same thing over and over again. (no offense) 

30 minutes ago, No Torva said:

Biggest things that need to be tweaked, in my opinion, are PvP for sure, typing error, pvm drops (they're bad honestly), no more recharge, no more always stay in (5 min logout timer)

There does need to be more content as many people are bored of doing the same thing over and over again. (no offense) 

MINIONS NEED TO DROP GWD ITEMS!! MAKE DRAYNOR GREAT AGAIN! 

would be awesome except for the fact that this is a private server which means totally p2w. there would be no competition on gear because people would just buy it. highscores reset would be cool. i support this either way because it would make me not quit the game.

as i said before i would be mad if there was a reset and i personally would probably move on from the server if this happend, along with a few others making are current player base of 5 like 1, i see why this is suggested as to a new player logging in and seeing all these items can be intimidating.

21 hours ago, iron autism said:

would be awesome except for the fact that this is a private server which means totally p2w. there would be no competition on gear because people would just buy it. highscores reset would be cool. i support this either way because it would make me not quit the game.

That's why I suggested a rework for the donation shop so you can't donate for gear, You can get the premium crates and have a chance at gear but those have horrible odds. 

3 hours ago, scone8116 said:

That's why I suggested a rework for the donation shop so you can't donate for gear, You can get the premium crates and have a chance at gear but those have horrible odds. 

Update premium boxes 

4 hours ago, No Torva said:

Update premium boxes 

Yeah remove the actual pvm items from shop, Buff premium boxes a little maybe make them cost more and an eco reset the server would be so good after that. :P

I think it's a great idea, but the current active players would for sure quit.

Maybe as another suggestion, krabs could possible open up two servers.. The Current Draynor and another one of some sort/

10 hours ago, Fog Walker said:

Torva I don't think the current active players would for sure quit. As I am almost always active and I think the way i commented below speaks for itself or at least for me.

I love this idea Torva the only thing i disagree with is resetting all the exp gained as i Currently have around 130m fishing xp and that took me weeks to get and i really don't want to have to grind that long again. But i do like the idea of the eco being reset as far as all items and cash go also for those people who have created more than 1 account will they be able to get a starter back like they did before?

So I support 100% minus the reset of xp already obtained.

There is no need for just an economy reset as there are a lot of items that have been taken away from the game due to people quitting and keeping it on their accounts, and the well. Resetting the Exp is the main part of this because people are demotivated when they get on server and see the highscores and people are maxed. I want the competition factor back in the server.